Friday, August 20, 2010

Mustering

Tomorrow Steve and the kids are going mustering and I am going to town!

It is great now the kids are keen and I must add very capable of helping Steve. Great time to spend together working with our little herd, they do plenty of helping and mustering for the property owner but it's nice to do work that will benefit our family. So my next dilemma is what to give them for their help? I don't want to give them money and we don't have enough cows to give them one each to keep track of their calves (yet anyway the debit is too big!) So it's my job to think of something to show our appreciation and reward their great work.

The kids understand that the cattle help pay for us to go on Holidays and campdraft/show/dressage competitions so they help us have a little fun, but I would like to reward their personal effort.

Meanwhile I am going to town for horse feed! that's a never ending occurrence. If we didn't have so many animals we would be rich but our life would be poor...I couldn't imagine not having animals!

Dotty is my little Jack Russel and she's going great, very different to her mother Sarah a little more loving! I am hoping her nature stays that way, her mother is not the most loving girl but devoted to Steve. They say they are very devoted dogs so I can only hope Dotty will feel the same way about me as Sarah does about Steve.
Baby Dotty

1 comment: