Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Dad

My blog was always going to be light happy and no bad news but....

My dad has been given 11 months and it's not fair. We are in Yackandandah visiting my Omi, a bit of a shock it has been two years since I last visited. So I rang dad at 4pm from Euroa and he gave me the news in his words "I have been ripped off, they've given me 11 months they could have made it an even 12 months!" that's my dad so bloody casual. He said he was going to have a few rums and get out a little more!

We last saw him when we went to his 70th birthday on the 9th November 2009. Dad has been diagnosed with Parkinson's, Spinal degeneration, Asbestosis and a neurological problem that's made it near impossible to get around and now CANCER... it's not bloody fair...I held it together and was very brave which is really unlike me.

What to do now...I need to spend sometime with my dad but that means spending time away from Steve but he's been so amazing and supportive telling me to do what I need so now major decision's to make but that will wait until we get home.

Then there i is Omi she's frail and forgetful but she's also nearly 90 so doing well but it was a big shock. We have been spending time and sightseeing so everyone is happy.

1 comment: